Recently I bought some specialty filaments from FormFutura. The first one to test is the HDglass filament wich is a PETG compounded filament.
Spoiler alert…. this is now my absolute favorite!
Because the printing temperature of PETG is much higher than PLA a few changes have to be made. My settings are now:
Print speed: 60mm/s Outer shell speed: 30mm/s Bottom layer speed: 15mm/s Printing temperature: 240°C Bed temperature: 70°C
All other settings are equal to PLA. I am printing on glass with a few layers of UHU stic.
The finish is really luxurious and the vase is watertight.
(single layer wall in spiralize mode)
Some benefits of HDglass:
- The material is really tough and can be best compared to a coke bottle. (PET)
- High strength.
- Virtually NO warping.
- Less brittle than PLA/ABS.
- Very transparent. 90% and less then 1% haze.
- Has a nice shine. The black translucent version I got is a little see trough wich make the prints look really interesting and polished.
- Is food safe! (well, the material not the printer)
More testing will be done later on, but for know I am really pleased with the initial results.